Sunday, 29 August 2010

voices that massage the ears.

This is a phrase I have used for many years. I am referring to people with very therapeutic voices. I will name a few (I don't necessarily like these people, but they could read the Yellow Pages to me and I'd be quite satisfied).

1) Brian Sewell
2) Sian Lloyd (welsh weather presenter)
3) Anyone with a southern Irish accent

I could go on but I can't think for the moment of anyone else! But do you know what I'm going on about? It tickles your ears and it can send you to sleep but, it's not out of boredom - it's almost like being hypnotised, or your ears being massaged.......
Some of us get the same reaction from a beautiful singing voice - that doesn't work for me, but a speaking voice - yes! So, I'm having a Brian Sewell moment right now (he's nattering in the background as I type) - spleandid !













1 comment:

  1. Can I add Richard Burton to that list? Wonderful speaking voice.

    ReplyDelete